If you are planning to go on a hiking trip or a picnic in the upcoming holiday season with a huge group, then definitely have a look at a 3 room tent with screened porch area. These tents are usually really big- it’s basically like a small cozy house. An added benefit? Is the fact that the tent has a screened porch. You can cook, seat and read a book or chat while seating inside the porch- enjoying the weather while avoiding being stung by bees or insects! Good news- we did extensive research and prepared this buying guide to make your work easier!
Features to look for
While buying a suitable 3 room tent with screened porch, a lot of factors come into play. The decision can be made through your own set goals and what you would be looking for in the best 3 room tents with screened porch. So without much delay, let’s look into the things we must keep an eye out for while buying a 3-room tent with screened porch.
3 room tent with screened porch means that you are looking for a large-sized tent. Don’t assume that all the 3 room tents are huge in size. Some may have 3 rooms but has not enough space. So while looking for a tent of this kind, try to know the size. By size, it means how much area is on the inside and how many people can fit inside it. The size of the screened porch is also very important.
2. Shape and layout
The shape of the tent is an important factor. You can guess about the area of the tent from the shape. Try to choose a dome-shaped or a cabinet-shaped one. These two types are the largest space providing tents. The screened porch shape also should be observed. Look out for a centrally located door inside the tent or any kind of dividers so that you can utilize the space better.
The tent that you choose should be durable enough. The structure should be able to withstand some strong wind and the fiber the tent is made from should be waterproof as well. Of course, the tents which are durable tend to be a bit expensive. But, if it lasts a long time, then it is definitely one to choose from.
A great 3 room tent should be very well-ventilated. This is one of the primary things one should note down while buying a tent. Look for how many windows and doors are there with the tent. The mesh roof and surroundings are a plus too.
Your budget is a big factor while buying a tent this large. Try to go for an affordable option but don’t jeopardize the quality of it. Try to find one that is of reasonable price and also is a good quality one. Tents are usually a one-time bought thing. You’re unlikely to want to buy such tents again and again. So, try to invest in a good quality one that will last a long time.
The flooring of the tent is also a big factor. Some tents with screened porch have no flooring at the porch side. Try to find one that has a good flooring system. Look for a tent floor made of polyurethane- this one lasts a long time and provides some sort of insulation for the tent.
7. Ease of setting up
For any type of tent to buy, the ease of set up is a big factor. Some might prefer an instant type of tent that needs no poles or additional stuffs. Some might prefer a tent with poles but easy to configure. Try to buy a tent that comes with sufficient instructions on how to set it up. Try to buy ones that are easy and yet has a firm setting.
8. Screened porch type
Since you are looking for a tent with screened porch, this part of the tent is an important criterion as well. Try to buy a tent with screened porch having flooring. It should be at least 1/3 of the whole tent. Too spacious porch is not required. Rather look for an adequately spaced porch room.
The weight of the tent should be light. As you will be carrying the tent yourself and perhaps would be going to hiking or trekking, try finding a tent with medium weight. A bonus point would be to get a tent carrier bag with it. Instant tents tend to be very light, as they don’t have poles. But, do remember that instant tents are not strong enough to withstand strong weather.
10. Bathtub Floor
3 room tents with screened porches sometimes come with bathtub floors. The bathtub floor keeps the seams above the ground. This allows the rainwater to pool under the floor, not leak through the tent. The floor material is also an important factor here and it was mentioned before how having a good floor material can be a game-changer. Polyurethane, polyester- these are great materials for the floor. You can identify a bathtub floor by observing the floor- the seam would be above the ground, not along the perimeter.
So, these were the basics things one should remember while buying a 3 room tent with screened porch. Here are:
Best 3 room tent with screened porch in the market!
Product Description: If you are looking for a huge tent for family tours, then this is the one for you. You can even have dinner out in the open with the screened porch and won’t be eaten alive! The 268 square feet tent area has 92 square feet porch area– which is amazing! The ceiling of the screened porch is sloped, so no need to worry about rain. There are two large windows at each end that keep it aerated.
Product Design & Quality: This one has a total of 6 windows and an open mesh porch. It can easily fit 6 to 12 people easily. It needs a bit longer time to set up, around 30 minutes. The polyester water-resistant rain fly attached to it is quite durable too.
- This one is fully protected with mesh, so no bugs can invade and ruin the fun.
- The ceilings are 7-foot-high and very good for tall campers.
- It includes a solar shield that fights back at the sun and keep you protected from harmful rays. It can fit a queen bed in the rooms.
Product Description: Coleman makes the best tents in the market and this one only reinforces the reputation. The Coleman WeatherMaster is a bit on the smaller side but the quality of this is just unparalleled. With kid-friendly features and amazing finishing, this tent is easily one of the best ones on the market. It has a sufficient bathroom area and unique hinges door set up. Above all, it’s just very easy to use- only takes minutes to set up!
Product Design & Quality: The screened porch of this tent is not very big. As mentioned, this is not exactly a huge tent, just something a couple of friends or family should go to trekking for. But, almost 6 people can easily fit into it, as per our measurements. It gives an area of almost 54 square feet with a screen porch of 9 feet by 6 feet. This one is a cabin-style porch, with walls measuring up to 20 feet long and a high ceiling of almost 7 feet.
- It has a unique hinged door set up. You can make an entry and exit very quickly. The door is very easily operable, you can open and close it like a regular door at home.
- The pitch can be set up fast, it has color-coded poles to make the assembly very quick and easy.
- The zippers are made of waterproof material, covering them to prevent water from seeping into the tent.
Product Description: If you are looking for a cabin that can be instantly set up and also accommodate a large family, then this is the perfect one for you. This one requires no poles to set up, so you can literally set it up for a short amount of time- just a couple of minutes even. The quality of this tent is also very superior, with a spacious place and high ceiling.
Product Design & Quality: This tent has a large porch area. The tent is shaped so the screen porch is at the front and one can access the other rooms from the entry porch area. The total area is almost more than 220 square feet.
- It can fit 3 queen beds and almost more than 12 people inside the tent.
- The rain fly covers screened porch, they tend to keep you dry and safe.
- The main area is completely separated by a divider and zippered off.
Product Description: If you are after a luxurious experience from a tent, then this 3 room tent with screened porch is perhaps the best one for you. This one literally looks like a house- it’s very well designed and spacious. Even though it is originally a 2 room tent, it comes with a divider to make it 3 roomed.
Product Design & Quality: This is also a cabin-type tent- which means no cumbersome poles to fumble about. It weighs only 25 lbs, so it is quite travel-friendly. The ceiling of this one is dome-shaped, so tall people- chill out and grab this tent! The 204 square feet area makes it very large, almost giving room to 11 people to comfortably seat and sleep inside.
- The tent has 2 main fiberglass roof poles for the main room. The 4 perimeter fiberglass poles give shape to the upper portion.
- The fabric of this tent is made of 68 D polyester, it’s very durable and thermally sealed. The floor is waterproof.
- It can withstand harsh weather and has been tested up to be withstanding up to 40 mph wind.
Product Description: One of the best 3 tent room with screened porch out there, this one is a favorite among many. Although this one is a 2 room tent, a divider can be set up to make it a 3 room tent. The structure of the tent is very durable and it is made of high-quality polyester fabric to make it waterproof.
Product Design & Quality: This tent has a 6.5-inch-high ceiling. A T-style door of this tent makes entering and exiting very easy. The screen room is 1/3 of the main tent body. The screened porch comes with a floor, unlike many other ones. The flooring of this tent is superior, with polyurethane for added protection.
- Double-stitched seams and polyester fiber makes it very long-lasting.
- T style doors ensuring ventilation.
- Mesh roof and removable tarp, very flexible and lasts a long time.
A Snapshot of the best 3 room tents on the market!
|Product Name||Price||Capacity||Rooms||Floor Area||Trail Weight||Packed Weight||Materials|
|Tahoe Gear Carson 3-Season 14 Person Cabin Tent||$399.99||14||3||240 sq ft (22.3 sq m)||53 lbs (24 kg)||56.6 lbs (25.7 kg)||Polyester, Steel and Fiberglass poles|
|Coleman Elite WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent||$299.99||6||3||153 sq ft (14.2 sq m)||32.6 lbs (14.8 kg)||35.8 lbs (16.2 kg)||Polyester, Steel and Fiberglass poles|
|Ozark Trail 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent||$399.00||12||3||225 sq ft (20.9 sq m)||55.2 lbs (25.1 kg)||55.2 lbs (25.1 kg)||Polyester, Steel poles|
|Core 11 Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room||$359.99||11||3||196 sq ft (18.2 sq m)||43.1 lbs (19.5 kg)||47.1 lbs (21.4 kg)||Polyester, Steel and Fiberglass poles|
|Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent||$249.99||8||2+1||159 sq ft (14.8 sq m)||27.3 lbs (12.4 kg)||28.2 lbs (12.8 kg)||Polyester, Polyethylene, Fiberglass and Steel poles|
Cheaper Alternatives of 3 Room Tents
- Tahoe Gear Carson 3-Season 14 Person Large Family Cabin Tent: A cheaper option for this tent is the Ozark Trail 12-Person Cabin Tent, which is priced at around $300. This tent also features three rooms and can accommodate up to 12 people. It has a similar floor size of 20′ x 10′, but is slightly shorter in height at 78 inches. However, it doesn’t have a screen porch or a removable room divider.
- Coleman Elite WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent: A cheaper alternative to this tent is the Core 9 Person Instant Cabin Tent, which is priced at around $300. This tent also features a screened porch and can accommodate up to 9 people. It has a similar floor size of 14′ x 9′, but is slightly shorter in height at 78 inches. However, it has fewer rooms, with only two rooms and no removable divider.
- Ozark Trail 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent with Screen Room: A cheaper alternative to this tent is the Wenzel Klondike Tent, which is priced at around $200. This tent also features a screen room and can accommodate up to 8 people. It has a similar floor size of 16′ x 11′, but is slightly shorter in height at 78 inches. However, it has only two rooms and doesn’t have a removable divider.
- Core 11 Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room: A cheaper alternative to this tent is the Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent, which is priced at around $300. This tent also features a screened porch and can accommodate up to 10 people. It has a larger floor size of 17′ x 9′, but is slightly shorter in height at 80 inches. However, it has fewer rooms, with only two rooms and no removable divider.
- Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent: A good option is the Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent. This tent is priced at around $170, which is significantly cheaper than the Klondike tent.The Coleman Montana Tent has a similar size to the Klondike, with a floor size of 16′ x 7′. It can also accommodate up to 8 people and has a maximum center height of 74 inches. However, it doesn’t have a screen room or a separate awning.
Final Verdict – 3 room tent with screened porch
We have researched and listed these five 3 room tent with screened porch for you to choose from. All of these are quite different from each other and each has a unique feature that sets it apart from another one. Still, we have picked a favorite. We think the best option for you would be the Tahoe Gear Carson 3-Season 14 Person Large Family Cabin Tent.
Tours or trekking usually happens in large groups. Even if it is a couple of friends, a spacious tent is still a great option. Price and overall quality is also a big factor here. We think that this Tahoe Gear Carson 3-Season 14 Person Large Family Cabin Tent is the best in all cases, whether it comes to space, screened porch area, durability, and ease of use. This one is also reasonable in terms of price.
All of the tents mentioned here are great and the choice is yours. You can go for one that suits your needs best. So, hurry up and pick your favorite 3 room tent with a screened porch! Happy holidays!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can a 3 room tent with a screened porch be set up by one person?
Can a 3 room tent with a screened porch be used in cold weather?
What are the benefits of a 3 room tent with screened porch?
Is a 3 room tent good for two people?
What are the disvantages of 3 Room Tents?
Bulky: Due to their size and shape, cabin tents are more bulky to pack and store than other types of tents. This can be a challenge if you have limited storage space or if you plan on camping in a small car.
Limited ventilation: Cabin tents are designed for comfort and convenience rather than maximum ventilation. They often have fewer windows and mesh panels than other types of tents, which can lead to poor air circulation and increased condensation inside the tent.
Less durable: Cabin tents are typically made with heavier materials and larger poles, which can make them less durable over time. They may also be more prone to damage in high winds or severe weather conditions.
More expensive: Cabin tents are often more expensive than other types of tents due to their larger size and additional features such as screen rooms and awnings.
More difficult to set up: Cabin tents can be more difficult to set up than other types of tents due to their larger size and more complex pole systems. This can be especially challenging if you are setting up the tent alone or in bad weather conditions.
Meet Sarah, a passionate traveler and camping enthusiast who loves to explore the great outdoors. With years of exploring, she has become an expert in testing and reviewing the best tents on the market which got her to start mytravelingtents.com. Her insightful reviews provide valuable information to fellow adventurers looking for the perfect tent for their next camping trip.