Having a good sleep may positively affect your outdoor tent camping trip, making you more cheerful and fresh the next morning. Since sleep is so important, it’s necessary to acquire the top bed for camping, which will not only provide you comfort but ensure a good rest as well.
Types of Camping Beds for camping
To purchase the perfect bed for tent camping, it’s wise to go through the essential considerations to know what’s best for you. Often, people end up with the wrong-sized beds which do not suit them at all. Hence, do your study about these beds before you go ahead and purchase one!
- Inflatable– The beds for tents can be inflated and shall have a negligible effect on your camping luggage, as they are very lightweight. Just a few blows and you have a full-sized bed that you can carry wherever you go!
- Foam-Based– These beds for tents have been in the game for centuries; a rectangle-shaped foam- perfect for throwing around here and there.
- Sleeping Mat– Just the simple mats, with a little foam padding to ensure comfort while you’re tent camping. It’s not a full-fledged bed, but it’s doable for those who are low-maintenance.
- Foldable – As the name suggests, they’re foldable. These beds for the tent are perfect for those who don’t wish to sleep on the ground while camping. They keep you a few feet above and can be folded as per your wish.
There are several factors to consider when buying the finest bed for tent camping.
To realize which bed is the perfect for tent camping, several factors need to be studied. First and foremost, how many people will be sleeping on the bed? This number shall allow you to assume the size of bed you need that shall suffice everyone. Next, it’s time to measure the heights of people who’ll use the beds, as nobody wants their feet hanging up in the air. Last but not the least, you need to keep in mind that more weight means fewer storage options, and harder to carry. It’s essential to always opt for the portable option in a bed for camping.
2. Setting up
It all comes down to one question- how do you prefer your setup? For a tent camping trip, you might want to carry the lightest and most portable bed for tent camping possible, but that’s not always the case. Hence, it’s necessary to jot down the bed you prefer and how you wish to set it up. For people who want the simplest setup policy and have no requirements for comfort, a sleeping mat is the ideal one for you. However, for people who desire a good night’s sleep and can carry little heavier options for comfort, the foldable or inflatable beds are perfect.
After selecting the size and setting up a policy, it’s time to check for the material of these beds for camping. Often, you don’t need anything fancy, but durable since you’ll be dragging it through mountains.
- Fabric– The weight and durability should be your primary concerns while choosing a suitable fabric for a camping bed. Nylon beds are good for summer, as they’re lightweight and thin. On the other hand, polyester beds are good for staying water-resistant, which is a necessity during camping. Aside from these options, polycotton beds are lightweight and water-resistant as well.
- Frame– For the frame of the bed for the tent, make sure you check if it’s sturdy enough to support people. You don’t want it to wobble every time you move during the night. In addition to these, go through the thickness and shape of the bed, and see if it suits you and your family/friends. While you’re at it, check the metal of the bed too and if it’ll get rusty if in contact with water.
When checking the quality of a bed for camping it is of utmost importance as you don’t wish to buy something fragile for a lower price. Furthermore, beds for camping need to be sturdy and tough, so that they don’t break in the middle of a camping trip- imagine how that would turn out!
Thus, never compromise with the quality of these beds for tents. Look for highly-durable options with the great reviews and the warranty they come with. It’s necessary to do a cost-benefit analysis around this time, to ensure you’re getting a good deal for the payment. In addition to these, you should opt for longer-lasting beds if you camp quite a lot.
What else to consider when buying a bed for camping?
Apart from all the features mentioned above, it’s vital to consider a few other things that might be subjective to only you and your family. Since we’re talking about beds for tent camping, we should remember that everybody sleeps differently and have distinct definitions of comfort from a bed.
- The weather conditions when you’re camping is particularly crucial. In summer, you want lightweight and cool options for a bed while in winter, you wish for something cozy and warm.
- Your mode of transportation heavily affects the bed you’ll be carrying. While a car may accommodate many of the beds for a tent mentioned, you may face difficulty if you’re hiking your way there. Moreover, you don’t want a bed to weigh you down for the rest of the vacation. Hence, plan accordingly.
- The length of your camping trip matters too, as you want the bed to at least last for that long. Trust us on this, you might not find an alternative to a camping bed at that time if the current one goes faulty. Here, we once again focus on QUALITY and DURABILITY.
9 Top beds for tent camping
The Coleman camping cot is an air mattress with 59 inches in length and 78 inches in height, perfect for those who wish for inflatable beds for the tent. Moreover, this bed for camping is portable!
The Legit camping mat set comes with a pillow and a lightweight mat, for people who love traveling light.
The portable and foldable mattress is made of plush foam, providing comfortable padding for you to sleep on. Moreover, the mattress is washable!
The foldable mattress can be rolled up and easily carried while camping. It even has travel straps to ensure comfort while you hike.
The SEGOAL inflatable sleeping mattress is the ideal bed for camping or a chilled day by the beach. Arriving in several colors, these beds for the tent are perfect for summer vacations!
Your kids may not have the same traveling capacity as you do, but they have the same spirit. To not let their excitement die due to sleeping problems, grab this bed set, it is one of the better options of a bed for camping!
The SEGOAL ergonomic sleeping bed is an inflatable option, made of nylon which is also ideal for hiking and ideal option of a bed for camping. The lightweight sleeping bed comes in multiple color choices as well!
The Etekcity air mattress offers a rechargeable pump and a two-year-warranty, ensuring your comfort and profit simultaneously!
After going through all the information, the winner is undoubtedly the Hazli waterproof foam-based sleeping mattress. Not only does it fulfill all the primary criteria necessary for a good bed for tent camping, but it offers additional benefits as well. Starting from the material, size, setting up a process to the quality of material- all are perfect and ideal for a camping trip. Moreover, it’s waterproof- a feature that’s missing on almost all the other contenders. Hence, the Hazli bed stands is the perfect bed for tent camping. Share this article with your campmates and let them know their options as well!
FAQ’S – Frequently Asked Questions
Should I take a pillow to camp with my bed?
To avoid extra weight, you may opt for a sleeping mat with a head curve. This way, you won’t need an extra pillow.
Do I carry a camping/playing mat for my children?
It’s wise to buy a bed for tent camping that is versatile. This allows less luggage and occupied space, enabling a larger free area.
How to get rid of water from my sleeping mat?
Put it out under the sun and make sure it’s receiving enough wind and light to dry it off!
Is a mattress required for camping beds?
The ideal choice is to add a self-inflating mattress to your camping tent, significantly improving its comfort.
What is the ideal thickness for a camping mattress?
The perfect thickness for camping beds lies between 2.5-3.5 inches to keep the pad high off the ground, reasonably sturdy, and provide plenty of insulation.
What are the materials used to make camping beds?
Materials like nylon, polyester, and polycotton make the finest camping beds.
What is the highest weight capacity of a camping bed?
The most frequent weight limit is between 100 and 120 kg, but you should double-check with your tent bed before putting it to use.Tags: best bed for camping, best bed for camping in 2021, best bed for tent camping, best beds for camping, outdoor camping, outdoor tent camping